Monday, February 18, 2008

The "kick-ass" Salad

This salad put me on the map(JK). Although, I have been asked to bring it to many a family party, and Di really enjoyed it at her shower:)

1 (10-ounce) bag washed and trimmed baby spinach
1 small head of iceburg lettuce, chopped, washed and drained
2 C mozzarella cheese (grated)
1 (16 oz) carton cottage cheese
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and broken into small pieces (I used 16 pieces pre-cooked this time...much easier)
1 small package sliced mushrooms
1 recipe poppy seed dressing (see below)

Put washed and drained spincah and lettuce in a large bowl. Just before serving add cheese, cottage cheese, bacon, and desired amount of dressing. Serves 12 (or more)

Poppy Seed Dressing

1 T poppy seeds
3/4 C vinegar (I use rice vinegar)
1/2 C sugar
1/4 tsp onion powder (I usually omit this)
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp dry mustard
1 1/4 C vegetable oil (I use canola)

2 comments:

Diana & CJ said...

Yum, you know this turned out to be a favorite. Annie, sorry I reunion the name for you, but let's be honest it is kick-ass.

Palmers said...

This sounds great! I love a good salad recipe. Although I might change the name for my recipe box. :)

Which recipes would you like to see more of?

Followers


A Place for Inspiration and Conversation

Thanks for visiting this recipe exchange. Feel free to try any of the recipes you find here and post a comment once you've had a chance to try them. In order to post a recipe of your own, simply click on the comment link and add the recipe there. I will then publish the recipe to the main page. ENJOY!