Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bread Pudding

A new fmaily favorite...this recipe is a crowd pleaser!

1 Loaf french bread
2T Butter
4 Eggs, beaten
2c Milk
3/4c White Sugar
1t Vanilla

Cut the crust off the bread, break into pieces. Place in a 8x8 baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter. Mix all other ingredients and pour over bread. Bake 45mins @ 350 degrees.

Carmel Sauce

1/2c Brown Sugar
1/2c White Sugar ( I like karo syrup instead)
1/2c Whipping Cream
1/2c Butter

Melt in a sauce pan, bring to a boil for 3mins. STIR CONSTANTLY
Spoon over Bread Pudding and top with fresh whipped cream. This recipe can be doubled. You won't need to double the sauce, it makes plenty. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I tried this recipe tonight. I used evaporated milk (plus enough water to make 2 cups) because I was almost out of fresh. It worked out fine. I also used a round casserole dish because I didn't have an 8 x 8, and it needed an extra 15 minutes in the oven. I had never made bread pudding before, and we both loved it. The caramel sauce is soooo good...I ate way to much! Thanks for the recipe! Jill

Cannon Family said...

Way to improvise Jill! I do it all the time. I'm glad you liked it. I love it too! PS: You can borrow milk anytime!

Which recipes would you like to see more of?

Followers


A Place for Inspiration and Conversation

Thanks for visiting this recipe exchange. Feel free to try any of the recipes you find here and post a comment once you've had a chance to try them. In order to post a recipe of your own, simply click on the comment link and add the recipe there. I will then publish the recipe to the main page. ENJOY!